The Moapa Valley in Nevada, located only an hour from Las Vegas, is the ideal location for telecommuters looking to escape the big city and raise their family in a safe, friendly, relaxed and rural environement. The Valley has the following to offer telecommuters:
– Outdoor lifestyle with large properties with privacy and lots of buffer space at a fraction of the cost of properties in coastal states. Many people also choose to build their dream home on one of the many available parcels of land
– Fiber Internet connectivity, ideal for telecommuters
– Family friendly environement with many activities for children (agricultural clubs, chess club, lego club, boy scouts, sports, community theatre groups, performing arts etc)
– Strong community focus on education with excellent public schools. Parents are very involved in the children’s education and teachers know most students and their families personally.
– Many social activities for adults too
– Safe and healthy. No violent crime.
– Warm weather year round
– Lots of local agriculture with farms selling organic produce and meats (beef, pork, lamb, goat, rabbit etc)
– Local reservoir for swimming and kayaking. 30 mins to Lake Mead boat launch ramp
– Hundreds of miles of ATV trails and horseback riding trails
– Scenic surroundings. Backdoor to Valley of Fire State Park
– An hour to the Las Vegas International Airport and the husstle and bustle of the strip
– An hour to St George, Utah, which provides additional shopping opportunities including Costco
– A half hour to the City of Mesquite with a Walmart Supercenter, Casinos and other shops
– 90 minutes to Zion National Park
And of course, because we are located in tax friendly Nevada, there is no state income tax.