The Moapa Valley in Nevada, located only an hour from Las Vegas, is the ideal location for telecommuters looking to escape the big city and raise their family in a safe, friendly, relaxed and rural environement. The Valley has the following to offer telecommuters:
– Outdoor lifestyle with large properties with privacy and lots of buffer space at a fraction of the cost of properties in coastal states. Many people also choose to build their dream home on one of the many available parcels of land
– Fiber Internet connectivity, ideal for telecommuters
– Family friendly environement with many activities for children (agricultural clubs, chess club, lego club, boy scouts, sports, community theatre groups, performing arts etc)
– Strong community focus on education with excellent public schools. Parents are very involved in the children’s education and teachers know most students and their families personally.
– Many social activities for adults too
– Safe and healthy. No violent crime.
– Warm weather year round
– Lots of local agriculture with farms selling organic produce and meats (beef, pork, lamb, goat, rabbit etc)
– Local reservoir for swimming and kayaking. 30 mins to Lake Mead boat launch ramp
– Hundreds of miles of ATV trails and horseback riding trails
– Scenic surroundings. Backdoor to Valley of Fire State Park
– An hour to the Las Vegas International Airport and the husstle and bustle of the strip
– An hour to St George, Utah, which provides additional shopping opportunities including Costco
– A half hour to the City of Mesquite with a Walmart Supercenter, Casinos and other shops
– 90 minutes to Zion National Park
And of course, because we are located in tax friendly Nevada, there is no state income tax.
To learn more about what it is like to live in Moapa Valley, we invite you to meet some of the local residents through the video series “Meet Moapa Valley“.